Let's get Krafty - Cross Canada Blog Hop

Welcome to our August Blog Hop featuring Close To My Heart Kraft products. You will see creations from our participants that will include our New Kraft 3 Ring binder, the Kraft Container as well as our Kraft paper and cards.  To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.
We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Michelle at my creations with Michelle. If you came from Nicola of timelesscottagenb then you are in the right place!

Here is my creation:

This is our kraft 3 ring binder (Z1871) that will hold 8 x 8 pages. On Monday I received our new Cricut Art booking cartridge, I had been pinning all kind of ideas of things to make with it on pinterest. Now I had to design or create something for this blog hop. I cut out a overlay using the hexagon pattern, tapped it down with temporary tape and then sprayed it with our spray pen (Z1380). In the spray pen I put drops from our smokey plum reinker (Z2247) mixed with our Create a shade pearl paint (Z1039) and water, then sprayed over the overlay pattern to make a background pattern on my album cover. Since I have not practiced much with the spray pen and mixing some of the hexagons ran, so I did not have clear lines all around. So how to salvage this.... I am currently participating in a online class at bigpicture called I scrap, this is a class that asks us to think on a set number of i statements, find a photo, and scrap it according to a simple pattern, each page the same, just using different papers and embellishments for each photo. The co-ordinating page is made to match for journalling, I have not got that far yet ;) So......the words cut out with various cricut cartridges all in 1 inch size, then I sponged them in different ink colours.
I scrap and introspection are cut in sunset card stock, they are the main words for the project. I looked up introspection since that is not a work I use regularly in my speech and used words with the same meaning. I am very happy with the result, it was fun to come up with the words and sponge all the different colours. Now to finish the rest of the project.

Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Krista of simply creating together.  If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, http://mycreationswithmichelle.blogspot.ca as she has the complete blog list.

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. Join us again in September when we will be featuring Jeanette's Archived Stamps. Jeanette has re-released 5 stamps from her archieves.  We hope you will join us again on September 15th.

Comments