magazine style card holder

I spotted a few of these on pinterest and thought I want some of those.  The thought was easier than the want :)  I tracked down the blogs they were posted from, Stampinwithblythe.com a stampin up consultants blog post from March 25, 2009.  Attempted her directions but could not follow them, found a sketch on a italian blog, (sorry can't find it again) and copied it down.  It was in metric, so I thought that could not be so hard, since we are Canadian and use metric, wrong. This is the sketch that I made from this blog:

 All my measuring tools are in imperial inches.  So I managed to make one fairly well, but the next two, when I was trying to record the directions have a few more score lines :).
Directions:
Cut a 12 x 12 inch piece of cardstock to 8 1/2 by 12,


 tape the cut off piece to the 8 1/2 inch side to make a piece of paper 8 1/2 by 15 1/2.

Score at the 2" mark on the 15 1/2" side on the short side score at 1/2" then again at 3 1/2" again at 8" again at 11".


 Fold up the 2" score and cut the lines to that fold on the shorter part.  This will be the bottom of your holder.

 Cut from the top along the first two score lines to 3 3/4 inches from fold on bottom, fold this section down inside your box.  Angle cut the two 4 1/2" sides from the top to the front of your holder.

  I used my guillotine cutter to do this.  Using double sided tape, tape the 1/2 in. flap to the other end, tape up the bottom of your box and voila you have a card holder.
Enjoy.

Comments

Post a Comment