Monochrome....one little word

Hi all, my Close to my Heart team leader has challenged us to do a project that is monochrome to post and share on our group/team facebook page.  I had been thinking this over for a few days and decided this morning to just do it!  I also love following different sketch challenges and am using the atlantic hearts challenge

I think the hardest part of this overthinking was deciding on which colour family to use.  I had a aha moment and choose my latest school photo from this past fall and decided to scrap it. This is what I came up with:

 My one little word for this year is joy, hoping to remind myself to take joy or see the joy in life.  I used 'Indian corn blue and pacifica cardstock as well as crystal blue and outdoor denim for a few of the butterflies.  The pacifica strip is embossed through my cuttlebug with the Provocraft geometric rings folder.  Most of the butterflies are stamped in their colour using the different patterns in the Assorted edges D1635 stamp set. The alphabets used are B1416 Keyboard uppercase and E1024 Keepsake alphabet.  It was fun to play with inks and paper today.  I embossed the joy with Zing embossing powder from American crafts and Rosewood iridescent embossing powder for some shimmer.

A few closeups...

Comments