I am a GUEST DESIGNER this week at Color my Heart challenge #83

I am honoured to be the guest designer along with the regular weekly designers this week on the design team.  This week we are challenged to use the colours in the 'Skylark' paper pack:

  Such pretty papers and colours, I just had to order the Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking kit G1072 as it has a dragon fly stamp in it.  Then as I got looking in my supplies, I realized that I also have the Picture my Life kit with this paper pack too, time to get working on some projects.  So today I have created a card using the sketch from the Card maker magazine, that I spotted last night on Facebook and have been thinking about today....wanting to play with my brand new Close to my Heart embossing folders....
 

This is my creation with the sketch rotated: 


I used the paper pack and the stamp set from the Workshop on the go, the sentiment is from the D1476 Card Chatter Sympathy set, stamped in pacifica ink. I embossed two pieces of lagoon cardstock in the new damask embossing folder Z1927, then sponged the embossing and edges with sweet leaf ink.  All the edges of the papers are sponged in either lagoon or sweet leaf inks.  The dragonflies use the rock 'n' roll technique for stamping, one of my favourite techniques.  You stamp your image in the one colour then just roll the edges of the stamp in a second colour.  Make sure you wipe the edges of your block and stamp, a different creation each time.  The little bird is from the Skylark assortment Z3000 with little birds and three sizes of flowers.
This is the inside of the card using various sentiments from the Words of Comfort stamp set C1524, I carried the same colour theme through to the inside.  The small dragonfly is from the new Petite Perks W2028 Delicate Wings, one of my favourites.
Watch my blog for a few more Skylark creations....coming soon.

Comments