Tag! You're it!

This past week the challenge on the heart2heart was to make a tag.  Now tags are not my thing, I don't usually make them or even think about them.  They look lovely and cute on other web sites/blogs when I see them, but not on my radar of a thing to make.  Also this past week I set up my new Cricut machine and downloaded the Cricut craftroom after watching this video: 


I found another spot that showed me how to set up the craftroom on my windows 8 laptop in the settings of the program.  So now to play.... what should I try to make....
Well, I am also attempting to make a Project Life album this year and am very behind....   and just starting week 2.  After watching the video and seeing how easy it was to insert text into something and cut it out, I made this tag:

I choose the tag from the Cricut Art Philosophy collection, available exclusively from Close to my Heart on page 40 of the booklet.  Then I decided to layer on the text on top and place it where I wanted it to be cut out, I sized to to fit on the digital mat in the program to fill a 4 x 6 space and cut.
  To give it some character I sponged lagoon, pear and gypsy inks on the tag as well as stamping some flourishes from the retired You & Me stamp set in chocolate.  I then layered the tag onto some dessert sand cardstock that I had stamped with a background stamp from the retired You Are... stamp set also in chocolate.
To finish the tag off I sponged the same ink colours onto our color ready seam binding and tied it on.  I am very pleased with the results of this tag and may now consider doing more like this for my Project Life album.

Comments

  1. Beautiful tag! I love the different colors you've used on the ribbon! I've not been brave enough to do PL, so I wish you good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment