OLW - one layer Wednesdays

Hi all, One Layer Wednesday is a challenge blog that I like to follow and if I can try to complete.   It can be found on  http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com

One-Layer Wednesday 80: Two by Two Plus Masking

This week's One-Layer Wednesday (a.k.a. OLW) Challenge is to use two colors, two images, and masking. Sentiments are optional but must be in one of the two colours.  
This was harder than I first thought, my first card that I was thinking of doing was this:

 I had the masking done and the two colours, but not two images, so on to another one:

This one qualifies as fulfilling all the requirements, two images (the dragonfly is a two step stamp and I had to mask birthday for the word day.
All products are Close to my Heart, the  text and  rose are from the stamp set "Card word puzzle" and the dragonfly is from a retired stamp set "butterfly kiss", the inks in the dragonfly are sweet leaf and gypsy, the rose are hollyhock and gypsy.  The lighter roses are second generation stamping.

One-Layer Wednesday 79: Stamp, Stamp, Stamp...

This week's OLW challenge, hosted by Jennifer, is to use at least three--preferably more--stamps on your one-layer card. The more, the merrier!

I finished this card last week, but did not get around to posting it, so it is not on the linking for that challenge, but it was a fun challenge to to. I used Close to my Heart Trees & things stamp set and eight images from that set, a very fun set to play with.  All the inks are also Close to my Heart.

Comments